We have a handful of tried and true Pop Up Picnic locations that offer an all-around excellent picnic experience. How do we decide what makes a great location? Excellent views, reasonable parking, accessibility and more.
Our Most Popular Picnic Location: Cuvier Park, La Jolla
Past Picnic Locations:
A few notes about Pop Up Picnic Locations:
- Locations are public: we've chosen sites that have various appeal: views, proximity to hot spots & more
- Some sites are more private than others. We can help you decide on a location if privacy is an issue.
- There are rules we must follow: no alcohol and absolutely no glass.
- Not sure where to book? Go for Cuvier Park! It's our favorite location and most popular. It's close to La Jolla Village so you can check out museums, bars, shopping, galleries, the beach, tidepools, yoga and so much more all within walking distance.
- NOTE: when booking, not all locations are available to book through the website. Simply select 'other' and make a note referencing your preferred location in the custom comments section and we'll contact you to confirm your location.
We're blessed to live in such a gorgeous place. The weather is temperate and pretty darn predictable. If you'd like to see what the weather is looking like for your Pop Up Picnic, checkout this a link to our San Diego weather forecast.
Summer picnics (May-August) will generally see a sunset between 7:30p and 8p. Which means we'll book your picnic to start about 60 minutes beforehand. Here is a link to a sunset calendar so you can check the sunset for your ideal date.